The Department of Further Education Employment Science and Technology (DFEEST) has released the Skills For All Funded Training List v6 on the 29th July 2013. It is available for viewing via the following link
The qualifications within the industry sectors represented by Service Skills SA affected are as follows:
No New Enrolments as at the 4th September 2013
- Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- Certificate II in Hairdressing
- Certificate II in Community Pharmacy
- Certificate III in Community Pharmacy
- Certificate III in Fitness
Service Skills SA was not advised or consulted regarding the capping of these specific qualifications.
Other qualifications relevant to our industry with No New Enrolments from the 4th September 2013 are:
- Diploma of Vocational Education and Training
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Certificate IV in Warehousing Operations
There are a number of qualifications which have been superseded and the following lists their replacements:
- Advanced Diploma of Arts (Acting)
- Certificate II, III and IV in Sport and Recreation
- Certificate II and III in Sport Career Oriented Participation
- Certifcate II, III and IV in Sport Coaching
- Certificate IV and Diploma of Sport Development
The positive and stellar bipartite Board of Service Skills SA (SSSA) has agreed to support skills development for the Services Industries in SA for at least two years despite the removal of base funding for Industry Skills Boards in SA by DFEEST (Department of Further Education Employment Science and Technology) as of June 30th 2013.
Service Skills SA will continue as an Industry Skills Alliance in SA and a recent members survey has given clear direction with the following key priorities:-
- 1 Developing and managing workforce projects for industry and government.
- 2 Providing our network with information and advice on skills initiatives.
- 3 Direct advocacy on behalf of our network to influence government skills policies.
- 4 Input into National Training Packages.
An action plan has been developed and this is starting to unfold with an upgraded website launch tomorrow.
More focussed industry e-alerts have also commenced as we support our time poor network with timely and critical information.
The professional Service Skills SA team continues in place as we work on a number of ongoing projects with several more industry focussed projects in the pipeline.
Please continue to contact us for information and support and stay tuned for news on recent successes and new opportunities.