Service Skills SA in partnership with City of Playford delivered the Northern Events Crew Program.
December 2017 - June 2018
Service Skills SA delivered this pilot program in partnership with the City of Playford based on the “Adelaide Events Crew” framework to deliver a range of skills to disengaged youth from the northern suburbs to progress into the events, hospitality and or construction industry.
The 3 week training intensive was predominantly delivered at Northern Sound System and provided participants with a mix of accredited and non-accredited skills.
- 1 week practical intensive workshop in Staging, Audio, Vision and Lighting Event Skills (non-accredited)
- Work safely in the construction industry (White card)
- Operate elevating work platform (Yellow card)
- Licence to operate a forklift truck (HR licence)
- Workzone Traffic Management
- Provide first aid
- Responsible service of alcohol
Service Skills SA and City of Playford provided case management and mentoring support to participants during training and into employment opportunities.
Trained: 21 participants | Employment outcomes: 13 participants
For further information please contact:
City of Playford: http://www.playford.sa.gov.au/page.aspx
Northern Sound System: http://www.northernsoundsystem.com.au/
CEG - Training: http://www.ceg.net.au/
Encore Event Technologies: https://www.encore-anzpac.com/locations/events-company-adelaide-south-australia